About this course
This course is run by Noble Manhattan Coaching (‘NMC’) in conjunction with the School Performance and Wellbeing Alliance (‘SPWA’). On successful completion of this course, you will have all the appropriate skills, tools and knowledge that you need to work as a specialist School Coach in a Secondary School or Sixth Form College setting (supporting pupils and staff) and a general Practitioner Coach accredited with the International Authority for Professional Coaching and Mentoring (‘IAPC&M’).
You will also be able to:
- Deliver a ground-breaking, personal development programme, called ‘The Other Subject*’.
- Have a basic understanding of the developing brain.
- Know the difference between counselling, mentoring and coaching.
- Determine when coaching is and isn’t appropriate.
- Know when and how to refer clients to more appropriate support services in circumstances where coaching isn’t appropriate.
- Understand the importance of child protection, safeguarding, confidentiality when coaching pupils.