About this course
This course is run by Noble Manhattan Coaching (‘NMC’) in conjunction with the School Performance and Wellbeing Alliance (‘SPWA’). On successful completion of this course, you will have all the appropriate skills, tools and knowledge that you need to provide professional coaching services to pupils in a Secondary School or Sixth Form College setting.
You will also be able to:
- Deliver a ground-breaking personal development programme, called ‘The Other Subject*’.
- Have a basic understanding of the developing brain.
- Know the difference between counselling, mentoring and coaching.
- Determine when coaching is and isn’t appropriate.
- Know how to refer pupils to more appropriate support services in circumstances where coaching isn’t appropriate.
- Understand the importance of child protection, safeguarding and confidentiality when coaching pupils.